Heating and Cooling : How are they Beneficial for our Home Improvement?
Heating and cooling are two main physical processes that are essential for continuation of our normal life and make our lives easier and smoother. We all know that every living organism have a specific body temperature beyond which the organism will not survive.
The transfer of heat from the exterior environment to the interior of our homes is crucial to help in keeping our body maintaining its normal temperature at the same time excessively heated interiors can also turn out to be a major problem.
Thus, various systems are installed in our homes, which involve the heating and cooling principles, for the betterment of our normal lives. Let us consider the principles of transfer of heat to understand the process of heating and cooling better:
Principles of Heating and Cooling
- Heat is always transferred from a body at a higher temperature to a body at a lower temperature unless the temperature of both the bodies becomes same.
- Heat transfer takes place by three processes named as conduction, convection, and radiation.
- For heat transfer through conduction, a solid material object is essential. It is through conduction that heat is transferred from the ceilings, roofs, asbestos, windows, walls, etc. to the interior of our homes.
- Radiation is the process by which heat transfer takes place in the form of light. We know that sunlight is also a type of radiation. There is variation in the types of solar radiations like infra-red radiations, ultra-violet radiation, etc. some of which are not so beneficial for our health. It is due to radiation that we can feel the heat coming out of any hot object say for instance the heat emitted by boiling hot water on the gas stove.
- Convection is the process by which hot air rises up and cold air comes down to take its place.
- These heating and cooling mechanism work wonder when applied to home appliances and units.
Installation of Air Conditioners and Room Heaters for Home Improvement
Among all the processes of heat transferred mentioned before, the principle of convection is used for the installation of air conditioners and room heaters. All of us must have noticed at some point in our lives that air conditioners are generally installed
The same thing happens in
On the contrary, cold air being heavier settles down that is why room heaters are installed at the bottom of the room to heat up the cold air. These are a couple of examples that are completely based on heating and cooling mechanisms and are applied in our normal lives for the smooth functioning of our life.
Some interesting facts about Heating and Cooling Principles
- Proper ventilation at home
is essentialfor enhancing the cooling process. Ventilation allows heat from objectsto escape and released into the surrounding keeping the inside of thehouses cool. This will make you feel cooler, as heat from your body willbe radiated to the objects, as heat transfer takes place from a hotter body to a colder body.
- The roofs are covered
with insulatingsubstances so that they transfer less heat, especially in the hotplaces to keep the interiors cool.
- The heating and
cooling principlesare applied to make a number of devices essential for our normallife such as geysers, air coolers, air-conditioners, etc.
Thus, applying the principles of heating and cooling, our daily lives have been made a lot easier and more relaxing than any other. If you need london-kitchens-and-bathrooms , then the team of professionals from london-kitchens-and-bathrooms is here to help you.