6 Tips for Entertaining at Home During the Summer
During the summer, the most popular place to be is in your own backyard. However, between trying to stay cool and keeping your delicious food out of the hot summer sun, hosting an event can get overwhelming quickly. The key is to plan well in advance. When hosting a get together during the warm weather, keep the following tips in mind.
- Create an impressive space thats also comfortable for your guests. You want everyone to be able to easily engage with one another. Place tea light candles throughout the area to create an intimate, inviting atmosphere. Make sure there’s enough seating and that everyone will be in the same area so that they can converse.
- Get inspired by the colors and landscapes of summer. Bring out your brightly hued china and your colorful stemware. Add a few decor items here and there to reflect the season. Don’t have any colorful place settings on hand? Stark white gives a sophisticated and chic summertime feel.
- Keeping your tables neutral? Add a vibrant centerpiece full of seasonable blooms to each table. Or, create centerpieces with fresh citrus fruits, either whole or cut in half. At the end of the meal, invite everyone to dig in to the fresh fruit.
- Stick with a light menu when the weather’s hot. Seafood paired with a healthy green salad and white wine is a refreshing, delicious meal. Just make sure nobody has food allergies! Also, beforehand, make sure that your home is in good working order thanks to Columbia Utilities. Nothing ruins a dinner party like having your electricity unexpectedly go out because you forgot to pay the bill.
- Wondering what you should add to your playlist? Create the perfect summer sound by combining light jazz with acoustic version of pop and hip hop songs. Or, for more formal events where everyone had to RSVP, have them request three songs each and create your playlist from there.
- Lastly, remember to enjoy the evening! After all, you put a lot of hard work into the night and you should be able to reap the benefits. Your guests will feel a lot more relaxed when they see you’re having a good time, too.
Great at-home party throwers are creative and hospitable, and always keep the basic rules of etiquette in mind.