Tips to Remember When Choosing Sliding Gates
There are different types of gates which are used in homes nowadays. Gates look really great and especially on the patio, they offer an undeterred view and make the room look really larger than it actually is.
One of the options which you can consider for the gate is the sliding gates. These look really good in wood and steel. They are used in homes for the convenience of the homeowners. There are different types of gates which are available in the market. The slides are mainly used to allow natural light and the warmth into the house and provide a great experience and uninterrupted view of the outside. This is why they are used most of the times on the patio. The slides can be made available in the following options.
- The gates can slide to the right and can also slide to the left.
- The gates can also slide up and down, but these types are not used in homes.
- The gate can slide to the center that is, the left one that moves right and the right one which moves to the left can form a double wall in the middle.
Here are a Few Things which you need to Consider when looking for Sliding Gates
- Size of Opening: Determine the opening width of the gates. The gates can be made in different sizes. The sizes represent the clear dimensions between the gate posts and are not the actual gate panel size. If you need a custom-made gate for your house, you can get it made from the companies which manufacture them.
- Swing Type: In most of the cases, the gates which are made to swing on the hinge posts – away from the incoming traffic and into the property – are the best. If you have a driveway which slopes too steep, then you should look to have a gate which swings away from the property and towards the incoming traffic. Bi-parting sliding gates are best for the sloped driveway, whether it swings in our out.
- Hanging Gates: There are many driveway sliding gates which are designed in such a way that they stand along and hang on their own set of gate posts. If you are having a masonry pillar, it is the best option to set the posts behind the pillar. A gate can also be ordered without the posts if you want it to hang from your pillar. But in that event, you will need an articulated arm gate operator instead of the less expensive and easier to install linear actuator type gate opener.
The Ideal Color of your Sliding Gates
It is very important to note that the color of your gate will be one of the factors which determines the impression that you make on people who visit your home. This is why it is very important to conduct your own research and then review the questions which you have in your mind when you are choosing the color of your sliding gates. The things which you should determine are the color, style of your home and others like the existing foliage which is around the property. You need to keep in mind that the color of your gate must increase the value of the property. So, it is very important that you choose a palette which is universally appealing. In this way, you will not be having any problems when the time comes that you decide to sell the property.
These are a few tips which you should keep in mind when you are looking to get gates for your house.